Combination of skills - was [JOB] Perl & VB person, central London

David Dorward david at dorward.me.uk
Mon Nov 20 12:53:03 GMT 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 12:39:53PM +0000, Denny wrote:
> > I guess I'd be quite surprised to find out anyone I'd consider a
> > serious programmer hadn't been curious enough to poke around inside
> > it with VB a little bit.

> What's the motivation?

VBA has a fair bit of power ... and at the time I hadn't heard of
Perl, and Java was very scary. (My only prior exposure to programming
was a *little* bit of fiddling with the BASIC that came with the Vic
20).

> Can you do anything fun and interesting with Office?

I seem to recall writing a couple of wizards to generate documents,
and a tool to produce a word document containing an example of every
font on the system (there were a lot of fonts on that system, Serif
had an offer on).

But that was many many years ago...