Snap quiz: desk stuff

Peter Hickman peter.hickman at semantico.com
Thu Nov 23 08:59:55 GMT 2006

Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 10:00:38AM +0000, Adam Auden wrote:
>
>> On 11/22/06, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> Mind you, it was somewhat disturbing to go to the coffee station in the
>>> office and finding two cans of lighter fluid in amongst the milk and
>>> teabags...
>>>
>> For when the 3 pint lunch just doesn't cut it?
>>

> I think my record at one job was a five pint lunch, starting at about 1pm
> and ending four ours later. I returned to the office to hand in my
> resignation (which had been written the previous evening) and collect my
> stuff.

When I worked at Del Monte in Feltham (and then Staines) I used to go to
lunch at the earliest opportunity and wait there, whilst having a few
pints, until the head of department turned up. Pints were exchanged and
I would finally return to work two and a half hours later in the company
of the head of department completely pissed and fall asleep at my desk.
Got away with it for 3 years :)

This is not in my CV you understand, but as that was the 80s and I am
practically tea total these days I feel that it is safe to mention it.

--
Peter Hickman.

Semantico, Lees House, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: 01273 722222
f: 01273 723232
e: peter.hickman at semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com