Snap quiz: desk stuff

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Thu Nov 23 12:53:21 GMT 2006

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> I got a mail the other night from someone who's still using an Acorn
> A3000 with the SCSI board I designed for it sometime in the early
> nineties. I claimed to be delighted but actually I was just wondering
> why. My fingers wanted to type 'get a proper computer, fool'.

Didn't we just do the debate on why people might like to tinker with
archaic systems which still retain certain cutenes or nifty things ?
Maybe they have a proper computer, too.  If you want to be really scared,
maybe they found your name in the code while porting the firmware to their
archie emulator.

the hatter