Snap quiz: desk stuff

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 23 20:16:05 GMT 2006

Andy Armstrong wrote:

> The guy was trying to browse the web using a browser that hasn't been
> updated for ~8 years

You mean none of that annoying Flash/Javascript/$fashion_of_the_month
that infests everywhere else?  Lucky fellow.

>                      on a computer with 4Mb of RAM.

4M is *lots*.  Unless you're using badly written bloatware.  There's no
reason you can't fit a basic browser into just a few K, and a networking
stack doesn't need more than a few K either.

FFS, I could fit a basic browser, with nyetwork stack, in 64K if I
tried.

--
David Cantrell | Plucky Speeding Law Madness Protestor

      Good advice is always certain to be ignored,
      but that's no reason not to give it            -- Agatha Christie