post-budget umbrella groups

Mark Morgan makk384 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:58:44 GMT 2006

Heya folks,

I'm under Giant at present, and after yesterday's budget, there's
apparently some changes to dividend-based umbrella groups, which will
close some of the tax loopholes they enjoy at present, come April
2007.  Indeed, Giant issued a notice earlier today that they won't be
continuing their powerhouse service after April next year.

As I'll soonish be looking for a new contract (doesn't sound like my
current one will be renewing), now may be a good time to change
groups.

Would anyone know of any IR35 friendly umbrella companies, that may
not fall afoul of these changes, due to a different business model?

Cheers,
Mark.