Use of unitialised gubbins c/w Brainbench

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Dec 7 20:46:24 GMT 2006

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 01:49:06PM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
> On 7 Dec 2006, at 13:31, Stray Taoist wrote:
> >If it gives a 'use of uninitialised variable' warning, is there anyway
> >(without lots of debugging warns) for me to change the output of
> >the warning
> >to say 'Variable 'foo' was uninitialised at line blah'?
> You could certainly replace sprintf() with one that said 'Argument 3
> to sprintf is undef at line blah'. That do?

How would you get at the line number?  $. isn't useful.

I'd be tempted to use -P and __LINE__, but it's a nasty nasty hack.
Alternatively, write a source filter which mangles __LINE__, but source
filters are Bad.

--
David Cantrell | Plucky Speeding Law Madness Protestor

My mission for this year is to get to the top of google's results
when you search for "Ken Thompson"