Conference etiquette and wifi

jesse jesse at fsck.com
Sun Dec 10 17:03:00 GMT 2006

On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 04:38:48PM +0000, Neil de Carteret wrote:
> If you're typing, you're not listening.  If you're looking at a laptop
> screen, you're not looking at the speaker or the slides.

Some of us wouldn't have the luxury of attending if we weren't also
working during talks.....and in some cases on slides for the very
conference.   I really don't mind at all if people are typing on laptops
while I'm giving a talk. And elsewhere, across Europe, Asia and the US,
attendees being online during a talk seems to be the standard at
opensourceish conferences.

Jesse