Conference etiquette and wifi

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Sun Dec 10 19:30:23 GMT 2006

On 10 Dec 2006, at 17:28, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 10, 2006 at 04:38:48PM +0000, Neil de Carteret wrote:
>> If you're typing, you're not listening.  If you're looking at a
>> laptop
>> screen, you're not looking at the speaker or the slides.
>
> I was taking notes during Dave Hodgkinson's talk.
> Does this mean that I wasn't listening?

Aw, bless :)

That was my first real talk in front of a room full of people and I have
to say it didn't bother me at all.

What *did* bother me was the to-ing and fro-ing towards the end as a
whole
bunch of people from the other room wandered in interrupted quite an
interesting exchange on the merits of memcache.

Also, I spent one of the other talks preparing slides for a lightning
talk
I thought I was supposed to give but then ended up not being required.
Sorry Marcus :)

--
Dave Hodgkinson - Music photography
http://www.davehodgkinson.com/