anti-spam checks for web content

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Thu Dec 21 17:27:36 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-21 at 17:13 +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> I have a client who hosts adverts but wants to reject ads that
> are related to sites known to use spamming techniques.
>
> So, he is looking to scan the content and if it includes
> copy or links related to know spammers/scammers he will
> be told before he hosts it.
>
> To the question, is there any nice perl code that will
> scan html content and score it based upon "spamminess"

If you just want to check the URLs in the copy then you can use the
surbl thingy there's some code in one of the NMS programs (I disremember
which), but in principle you can feed the whole thing through
spamassassin which works fine on stuff other than mail (bviousl though
some of the tests aren't appropriate).

/J\