My module is on CPAN, whoo hoo

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at
Fri Dec 29 19:36:48 GMT 2006

On 29/12/06, Adrian McMenamin <adrian at> wrote:
> I know one shouldn't boast and I haven't read the list's charter to see
> if this is allowed - BUT - if you are using perl generated PNGs for
> things like J2ME you might want to have a look at Image::Pngslimmer

I'm pretty sure I've plugged a module or too here - just so long as it
isn't an ORM or MVC Framework it's probably not contraversial ;)

> I couldn't find anything else that did this on CPAN so although it's
> small I hope it's useful.

That's probably why a LOT of CPAN is there :)

Just a few basic things to remember as a new CPAN module author
* release early and often (I'm guilty of neglecting this)
* try and keep on top of
* don't trample namespaces (I'm looking at you template!)
* ask around if you're not sure of a namespace
* releasing a module just to celebrate it being your 100th has already
been done, so no cheating your way up the cpan leaderboard ( and