Repetitive Strain Injury

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 14:42:37 GMT 2007

On 15/01/07, Merijn Broeren <merijnb at iloquent.com> wrote:
> Quoting Pete Sergeant (pete at clueball.com):
> >
> > I've been back in full time work now for 6 months, and can happily type
> > all day (occasionally, at the weekends, the pain returns, but it's mild,
> > and goes away quickly). The solution?
> >
> For me a normal mouse causes pain after prolonged use. Switching to a
> thumb trackball ten years ago has alleviated all problems. I've got
> several liberally sprinkled across house and office.

I would never revert to a mouse after about 3 or 4 years using
trackpads exclusively, I used to get soreness and swelling around my
thumb joint when using the mouse a lot, but now I haven't had anything
of the sort. much more comfortable than a mouse and quicker too.

If I could get a nice laptop style keyboard with compact layout and
integrated trackpad then I would be a happy bunny using a workstation,
but for now I'm very happy using this laptop 7 days a week 364 days a
year.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk