fwd: Internationalizing a Perl application

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Mon Jan 15 20:19:44 GMT 2007

flames to me.

useful responses to David Fetter <david at fetter.org>

thank you.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Fetter <david at fetter.org>
Date: Jan 15, 2007 12:14 PM
Subject: [sf-perl] Internationalizing a Perl application
To: San Francisco Perl Mongers <sanfrancisco-pm at pm.org>, Oakland Perl
Users' Group <oakland at mail.pm.org>, Los Angeles Perl Mongers
<losangeles-pm at pm.org>

Kind people,

With DBI-Link's growing popularity world-wide, I'm getting more
requests for translation of the docs and strings.  This presents a
huge bunch of opportunities for me to make mistakes, so I'm asking for
the collective wisdom out there.

* Where do I start?

* What are some good techniques for dividing the work?

* What am I going to stub my toes on no matter what I do?

* What pains can I avoid, and how?

Cheers,
Dave.
--
David Fetter <david at fetter.org> http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666

Remember to vote!

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.