[ANNOUNCE] Social meet: 1 Feb, The Dovetail, Jerusalem Passage

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Mon Jan 22 11:21:17 GMT 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 12:14:38AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> The infamous Eagle, of the equally infamous eight quid sandwich is in
> the area. The butty is reputedly worth the money.
>
> I can also recommend the Jerusalem Tavern for lunch. Try to hit it at
> about 2:30, while the kitchen is still open but the lunchtime trade
> has subsided and you can actually get a seat. The food prices are
> still fearsome, but less so, and IMO the food is even better than the
> Dovetail and the Eagle. The Jerusalem is a St. Peters pub and St.
> Peters beers are *wonderful*. I'm usually to be found drinking my way
> through their honey porter.

I haven't tried eating at the Eagle, but I have at the Jerusalem Tavern a small
number of times, and they were all very nice. Getting a table can be tricky,
though. Peter's trick might just work though..

tjc

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world