Scripting for the Semantic Web Workshop (and Scripting Challenge) - Call for Papers

Daniel Barlow dan at
Tue Jan 23 10:04:29 GMT 2007

Nigel Hamilton wrote:
> At some level a human decides what a web page is about and we saw in the
> case of <META> tags human nature at work.
> When pressed about this the speaker acted like it was out of scope? But
> I personally think it goes to the heart of the problem.[2]

But if it's a social problem it /must/ have a technical solution...

Tend to agree, though having said that I would suggest that having a
consensus of third-parties make this decision (instead of the site
author) will probably get you an 80% solution: think,
wikipedia, google, ebay reputation, etc etc.