Freecycle for (interesting) old computers?

Paul Johnson paul at pjcj.net
Wed Jan 24 11:57:33 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 10:48:27AM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> I don't think anyone here's really a proper geek at all :)

Perhaps everyone just wants to keep their interesting hardware in case,
er, in case, well, just in case.

I used to have a rather nice DECStation 5000/200.  Nice, that is, except
that it ran Ultrix.  But it also ran NetBSD, so that was OK.

I also had a not quite so nice VAXStation 3100, but unfortunately both
fell victim to "the great move" along with a houseful of dodgy
furniture, all my college notes, and spare parts from a number of Maxis
and Marinas.

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net