Let's organise a free teach-in

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 15 10:49:15 GMT 2007

--- Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:

> I've copied Ovid because it might make sense for TPF to help us with
the
> venue costs, to make it totally free at the point of use. It sounds
like
> a worthwhile advocacy thing for them.

I just saw this, think it's brilliant, and have forwarded it to the
steering committee and let them know we'd have to move quickly.
However, I do admit that we don't always move as fast as we could (damn
those volunteers for not working harder!)

I agree that a small, nominal fee would be useful.  Also, what about
the thought of a "pre-qualification" list?  Basically it would be a Web
page somewhere that you could read to get a rough (very rough) idea of
what you would need to know to benefit from the teach-in?  No point in
going to a teach-in if you are still hazy on the differences between
hashes and arrays, yes?

If we needed to, I would even consider personally chipping in some
money to pay for a venue or maybe see about making this an on-going
thing if the first one is successful?

Cheers,
Ovid

--