@+ magic variable

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 15:18:59 GMT 2007

On Feb 15, 2007, at 3:21 PM, Gareth Kirwan wrote:
>> simonw at kryten:~/perl$ perl -v
>> [simonw at morpheus simonw]$ perl -v
>
> Interesting server names you have there...
> We did have Bill and Ben, and a Dogbert at one stage.
> However now we just have boring functional names.

   Are functional names are those that matches with patterns like this?

   m{$company_acronym$serialnum}o

   How one could ever think about work without having proper machine
names?
   On the last company I was sysadmin, all machines (even the
president laptop) has Asterix cartoon personage names. :-)

--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}