Perl Debugging Problems...

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at rfi.net
Fri Feb 16 08:18:04 GMT 2007

On Thursday 15 February 2007 18:30, Luis Motta Campos wrote:

> >>    I'm trying to debug a test script, and everything runs quite well
> >> until I reach the second test function, where suddently all my
> >> debugger status is lost and I stop to seeing source, actions, my
> >> current position in the code and breakpoints.
> >>
> > It would really help to see some sample code, or context, or
> > screenshots, or
> > something...
>
>    I know.
>    But I don't know what to send.
>    There are nearly 12K lines of perl code being invoked for this
> test script.
>    Maybe you could help me with guidelines so I can build a
> minimalistic bug-reproduction script...

Are you using threads, old or new?  Are you forking or using pipes?  Are you
redirecting STD(IN/OUT) or DB(IN/OUT) anywhere strange?  The possibilities
are endless.

With little or no information to go on, it's hard to suggest a reasonable
solution, but you could try using ptkdb as an alternative debugger.  If the
behaviour continues, the suspect is your code, if it stops, it may be the
debugger itself.

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen

http://www.rfi.net/

ps. Please resend any bounced or unanswered emails.