geographical accuracy

Mark Overmeer mark at
Wed Feb 21 16:36:25 GMT 2007

* Andy Armstrong (andy at [070221 16:09]:
> On 21 Feb 2007, at 15:24, Mark Overmeer wrote:
> >By far the best way to recalculate coordinates is by using the
> >proj4 library.  That library has an interface in Geo::Proj4.
> >You have to figure-out the epsg code for your projection, and then
> >the destination projection.  Very simple and fast.
> Looks good. As an aside it'd be easier to install on Mac OS if you
> made the required version of libproj 4.4.8 instead of 4.4.9 -
> assuming 4.4.8 is actually adequate.
> A lot of people will be using fink to get libproj and fink is at
> version 4.4.8.

4.4.9 adds introspection, which is usefull... it's about 75% of the
provided methods.  Probably it's not too complicated to get some
#ifdef's in the XS, but I feel no need to implement the downgrade.

> With Makefile.PL suitably amended the tests pass so I assume it's OK.

That does not correspond to my memory.  Too much beer?

       Mark at                          solutions at