[OT] Mac Wireless Problems

Steve Mynott steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 22:45:04 GMT 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 09:00:42PM +0000, Dave Hodgkinson typed:

> On 25 Feb 2007, at 15:40, Dave Cross wrote:
> >But this is the old access point that I'm talking about. The one
> >that I've had for years. The one that this Mac has always been
> >happy to connect to.
>
> I have heard of reports of basestation decay over time. Spending the £60
> on something less annoying with a higher gizmometer(tm) factor is
> probably

My two previous airports each lasted three years of continuous use and
I'm on my third.  They seem to wear out and get more and more unreliable
with a weaker signal before finally dying.

Also having neighbours' signals clashing with with channels now seems
far more of a problem than in the past.

--
Steve Mynott <steve at tightrope.demon.co.uk>