I'd rather not get deported, thank you

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 17:05:24 GMT 2007

So my employer is up for sale:

http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article2350071.ece

Since my work permit is tied to my employer, if they go bye-bye, I
apparently have 28 days to find a new job or else I face deportation.
Facts at hand:

* The Home Office does not respond to individual queries.  Instead,
they send a FAQ which does not contain answers to infrequently asked
questions.
* My new employer might be required to apply for my work permit, but we
can't tell.
* I'm very annoyed (what's new?)

Does anyone on this list have any information about where I can turn to
for reliable information?  Armchair lawyering and speculation don't do
much good because my entire life gets shattered if said information is
wrong and I rely on it.  (I'm about to contact the Citizen's Advice
Bureau, but any other suggestions are welcome)

Cheers,
Ovid

--

Buy the book -- http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/