The Free Love-, er, Teach-In

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Mon Mar 12 20:55:40 GMT 2007

michael writes:

> I suspect the normal excuce for not going would be:-
>
> "I'm soooo busy, I just don't have time to spend a whole day studying
> Perhaps a series of Lunch hour lectures (preferably with tea and
> muffins afterwards or other tempting event:-)

Surely many people like to have lunch at lunchtime?  And allowing for
people to travel there and back, questions, and muffins doesn't really
give any talking time.

More to the point, whichever venue is chosen severely limits those who
can attend to being nearby -- whereas for a day people can come from
farther afield.

> Its easy to suggest when one can't really do (I'm based in Cambridge
> which puts a bit of a crimp on my London activities)

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about --  London-Cambridge for a
day is far more feasible than London-Cambridge for a lunch hour!

Smylers