The Free Love-, er, Teach-In

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Mon Mar 12 22:16:46 GMT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 20:43 +0000, Richard Jolly wrote:
>                                                                 But
> is it done well? Are they the right objects? Are the right methods
> implemented? How can you tell? The syntax is there, but not the design
> skills.

But aren't these things that are best learnt without reference to any
particular language or simply through experience? Even if one was to
disagree with the first part then I think that many people would agree
that Perl might not be the language that one would choose to teach good
OO design skills in the first place. Of course teaching people  how they
might set about applying virtuous OO design practices to Perl is a
worthwhile aim ...

/J\