Devel::Cover recommendations... or maybe not?

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 09:35:44 GMT 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 7:29 PM, Adrian Howard wrote:
> On 14 Mar 2007, at 16:41, Igor Sutton Lopes wrote:
>> On 2007/03/14, at 16:18, Luis Motta Campos wrote:
>>>   What is adviseable to *do* with this info?
>>>   Is there any problem in using this info as a guideline for
>>> programmer time investment on testing improvements?
>>
>> Basically, Devel::Cover gives you a bunch of information of what
>> pieces of code your tests are not covering. So, the goal of using
>> it is using that information to improve tests. :-)
>
> <niggle>The goal is to improve the code</niggle>
>
> I've seen to many people go off in a misguided attempt to make test
> coverage 100% everywhere. Sometimes there are more important things
> to be doing :-)

   I'll relay on managers to decide which is and which is not
important to do at any given moment on time.
   I'm hacking code, they should have a broader view of the system
and of the business status.
   BTW, this is an important consideration.
   Thanks a lot.
--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}