Devel::Cover recommendations... or maybe not?

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 12:37:14 GMT 2007

On Mar 15, 2007, at 12:43 PM, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> I'd prefer to have sufficient information to be able to make the
> week-to-week
> judgement on what is most important. Note, I didn't say that that I
> *should*
> be making it, merely that I shouldn't be so far in the dark that if my
> manager is ill for a week, I have no good idea what I should be doing.

   I don't believe that I could do it at the present moment.
   I don't have enough political / business / commercial information
to correctly weight issues and draw decisions. But I'm just started
on my new job, I will grow up out of this behavior...

> Otherwise, de facto, I'm being micromanaged. And that is stupid.
> I've experienced the mushroom anti-pattern, and it's demoralising
> as hell.

   Thanks for the nice reference. That'll integrate the readings
recommendation I'm keeping to my new manager (that just started this
week, and will have a hard time ahead - I will help him as I can so
he can integrate and feel good).

> I think it all depends on whether one's "manager" is capable of
> doing my job
> or is someone who doesn't now (or never did) have the technical
> ability.

   I guess mine is the second case. Good consideration also,
remembered me some nice talks I attended when taking my post-
graduation specialization on management...

--
Luis Motta Campos (a.k.a. Monsieur Champs) is a software engineer,
Perl fanatic evangelist, and amateur {cook, photographer}