Devel::Cover recommendations... or maybe not?

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at
Thu Mar 15 15:00:26 GMT 2007

--- jesse <jesse at> wrote:

> > Ignore that comment.  I have a cronjob which rebuilds my coverage
> > reports nightly and all of my colleagues can simply check the
> coverage
> > Web site I have set up (I'm reasonably sure that none of them have,
> > however).
> You should post your cronjob ;) It'd be useful to folks. Even if it's
> a two line shell script.

Missed this email.  Whoops.  Here's the cronjob:

  cd /home/cpoe/work/shared_cp/
  if [ -e cover_db ]; then
      /usr/local/bin/cover -delete
  mkdir cover_db
  /usr/bin/perl -e 'open my $f, "> cover_db/coverage.html" or die $!;
      print $f "<strong> ", scalar localtime(),
      ": Rebuilding coverage.  Please be patient.</strong>";'
  HARNESS_PERL_SWITCHES="-MDevel::Cover=+ignore,'^t/'" \
      /usr/bin/perl /usr/local/bin/prove -lr t/

There are probably better ways to write this, but I am an awful bash
programmer.  Also, the 'print' in there is to have a placeholder on the
Webpage when it's being rebuilt.

Buy the book --
Perl and CGI --