Laptop insurance

Toby Corkindale tjc at
Mon Mar 19 19:07:05 GMT 2007

I'm trying to get travel insurance that covers a laptop + camera gear. For a
one-way trip.

Most insurers I've tried so far won't cover me because of the one-way nature,
and the ones that will cover me, won't cover possessions over 250-300 per item.

Has anyone here found good travel insurers who will cover expensive items?

(For reference - trip is London->Zurich->Johannesburg->Cape Town->Perth-
->Adelaide.. you can see why I'm concerned about losing my luggage! :)

Turning and turning in the widening gyre/The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart, the centre cannot hold/Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
(gpg --recv-key B1CCF88E)