[OT]: Syslog issues?

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Wed Mar 21 12:56:39 GMT 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Luis Motta Campos wrote:

>    The problem is making sure we have enough hardware to not loose
> messages and enough bandwidth to guarantee that every message gets
> properly delivered to the logging server without problems.

Would it be possible to connect the servers to a db to collect logs rather
than a single syslog server ?  You might even be able to get some apps to
write directly rather than syslog, and save yourself some parsing later (I
assume it's not apache's access/error logs that you'd considering using
syslog for, though obviously you can do that for web stats).

the hatter