Windows laptops

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Mar 21 14:41:56 GMT 2007

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 02:10:25PM +0000, Andy Armstrong wrote:
[...]
> Any recommendations? I'm currently hovering over the checkout button on a
> Dell Inspiron 6400.

Morgans have a fairly impressive range of cheap and nasty Windows laptops
that aren't particularly fast, but come with XP. They start at about 300
notes.

At the nicer end, there's always a shiny MacBook Pro? Whether you install
Boot Camp and Windows XP is up to you, but I never bothered. Still, if you
do go XP on a MBP, you'll have one CPU for the pointless graphics, spyware
and whatnot, and another to do actual work on.