No more python at Google

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 12:09:54 BST 2007

--- Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:

> American girlfriend. Got to JFK and customs asked "have you had an
> drug-related convictions". He'd had a caution for smoking weed in the

> park so he said "not really". Bad move. Even though he has no
> convictions they can't actually verify that - so if there's a hint of
> doubt they behave as if you're a master criminal. Ten hours later he
> was back in the UK. No savings, no Christmas with gf.

Sheesh.  OK, so Customs is paranoid, but "not really" is a very stupid
answer (no offense to your friend).

I have one friend who used to be a member of the Communist party here
in the UK.  Then he lived behind the Iron Curtain for a while.  When he
moved back he immediately resigned his membership in the Communist
party, but always answers "no" to the Customs question regarding
whether or not he's ever been a member of the Communist party.

Because, you know, freedom of belief really isn't tolerated in my home
country (and being paranoid, I even obscured some details above.  What
a loon).

Cheers,
Ovid

--