On Topic: 1. perl-begin.berlios.de + 2. Meta: Apology for Tactlessness

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Fri Apr 6 10:29:22 BST 2007

On 6 Apr 2007, at 10:00, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> I'll be glad to help contributors help me. If you are someone I
> know, I would
> gladly give you a commit bit. To do that send me an email with the
> requested
> username and password in a separate text file encrypted with my
> public key (
> http://www.shlomifish.org/me/ ). Otherwise, you can prepare a patch
> against the
> Subversion sources (not the HTML themselves, which are generated from
> templates) - http://perl-begin.berlios.de/source/ , send it to me
> and I'll give
> you the write permissions to apply it. (Also send me the username
> +password
> encrypted again).

Could the whole site not be a wiki? From a quick scan it seems as if
the non-wiki parts contain wikish content.

> I later on have been talking a lot with merlyn on Freenode's #perl.
> He seems
> like a very nice guy, and I'm pretty sure he's a good guy (i.e: not a
> malevolent one), and certainly has been very productive, and also
> helpful
> to many people with Perl, UNIX or other problems. I asked him to
> forgive me
> for this post, and he did. Merlyn is not without his faults, of
> course, but
> I won't mention them here.

You see I'd say that's borderline tactless again. If you're supposed
to be in apologising mode a throwaway line like "Merlyn is not
without his faults, of course, but I won't mention them here." isn't
especially diplomatic :)

For the record I too am not without my faults - but I won't mention
them here either.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net