On Topic: 1. perl-begin.berlios.de + 2. Meta: Apology for Tactlessness

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Fri Apr 6 18:23:41 BST 2007

On 6 Apr 2007, at 17:23, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> You say that the non-wiki parts are wiki-ish (from a "quick scan"). I
> don't know what you mean by wiki-ish and whether it is good or bad,
> but they are static HTML, with full control of the HTML and CSS and
> maintained by hand. If you have more concrete comments with comments
> to the text, and suggestions for corrections, say so, but otherwise
> it's hard for me to deal with a vague and general criticism like this
> one.

It wasn't a criticism - just a suggestion :)

What I meant is that the content of the site seems as if it would
lend itself to being a Wiki. And if it /was/ a Wiki you'd probably
get more people contributing to it - lower cost of entry == greater
likelihood of driveby contributions.

>> You see I'd say that's borderline tactless again. If you're supposed
>> to be in apologising mode a throwaway line like "Merlyn is not
>> without his faults, of course, but I won't mention them here." isn't
>> especially diplomatic :)
>>
>> For the record I too am not without my faults - but I won't mention
>> them here either.
>
> You are right - that was a mis-phrasing. I meant that Randal is a nice
> guy - his faults put aside. English is not my native tongue, and I
> sometimes phrase myself improperly.
>
> That put aside, I am not without my faults either, but I'll let you
> find them by yourself from a quick STFWing and be the judge of them.
> But I also can testify for being a good guy, and other people can
> testify for that too.

Heh. This could so easily spin out of control :)

I was merely pointing out a potential bug in your apology.
Absolutely, 100% nothing personal.

Anyone fancy a beer?

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net