[On topic] Beer

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Apr 19 14:03:02 BST 2007

Reminder - emergency social tonight at The King's Arms:

  http://london.pm.org/pipermail/london.pm-announce/2007-April/000086.html

Last night I went to the cam.pm social. It was very confusing - there were 8
real ales on tap, and other nice things. And on I'd not realised the
implications of the merger of Charles Wells and Youngs - one now has the
horrible dilemma of whether to have Banana Bread Beer or Double Chocolate
Stout.

People from Cambridge, I expected to see. Jouke Visser, from the
Netherlands, I did not. Also there was this strange co-incidence - When we
arrived there was another group in the room, with a had a Macbook Pro, and
hence looked like they might be Perl mongers. They weren't, but we chatted
briefly. When Jouke arrived it turned out that they were from bookings.com's
Cambridge office.  Jouke works in the Amsterdam office, and had been
visiting them that day.

It seems that cam.pm catch them early. The youngest attendee was Charles
Finch, who is about 6 months. It may not be a world first, but it's
certainly the first time I've observed breast feeding and nappy changing at
a .pm meet.

The food wasn't anything to write home about and the kitchen shut at 8.
I don't think that we'll have those issues with the food tonight.

Nicholas Clark