[OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London

Iain Tatch iain.tatch+londonpm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 15:34:50 BST 2007

On 26/04/07, Steve Peters <steve at fisharerojo.org> wrote:

> So, does anyone have any hotel suggestions for affordable places downtown?

To paraphrase a well-known paradigm:
London hotels: Cheap, Central, Clean. Pick any two.

> Near a tube station certainly is preferable, but otherwise we're not to
> picky considering the beating we're expecting in exchange rates.

Unless you end up way out in the sticks[1], most of London is near a
tube/train station (FSVO "near" approximating towards "ten minutes
walk").

Iain

[1] And then you're beyond what most tourists would consider "London",
the boundaries of the GLC[2] notwithstanding.
[2] Or whatever it's called these days.