[OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London

Steve Peters steve at fisharerojo.org
Thu Apr 26 16:54:52 BST 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 03:34:50PM +0100, Iain Tatch wrote:
> On 26/04/07, Steve Peters <steve at fisharerojo.org> wrote:
>
> >So, does anyone have any hotel suggestions for affordable places downtown?
>
> To paraphrase a well-known paradigm:
> London hotels: Cheap, Central, Clean. Pick any two.
>
> >Near a tube station certainly is preferable, but otherwise we're not to
> >picky considering the beating we're expecting in exchange rates.
>
> Unless you end up way out in the sticks[1], most of London is near a
> tube/train station (FSVO "near" approximating towards "ten minutes
> walk").

When staying with friends, London was really Edmonton, a short walk from
White Hart Lane and the Tottenham Hotspurs home.  Fine for a place to stay,
but a bit far trying to deal with daytime and nighttime activities in
central London.  Being able to pop back to the room for a nap and a freshen
up was something we really missed, unless, of course the The Pymmes Park Inn
appeals to you.  Fortunately, a visit to the PPI may help me get some
Aikido practice while visiting...

    http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/17/17064/Pymmes_Park_Inn/Edmonton

Steve Peters
steve at fisharerojo.org