[OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Apr 26 15:43:52 BST 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 04:22:14PM +0200, Elizabeth Mattijsen wrote:
> At 3:20 PM +0100 4/26/07, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> >I also noted that on IRC Rafael recommended bookings.com. At first, I
> >assumed
> >that he was trying to recruit you. :-)
>
> That would be booking.com (drop the "s").

Oops. Sorry

> I think they're still recruiting at Booking.COM, particularly in the
> Cambridge area   ;-)

That's really not in London.

Despite being slightly closer to "London"'s third airport than London is.
(the one that Ryanair fly from. Maybe Ryanair should start flying from
Manston, and claim that *that* is London)

I did like one other cruise line, that described a port of call as
Dover, London. Which is dull. Because the most impressive things I've seen
going through Tower Bridge are the cruise ships. They dwarf HMS Belfast
(which isn't small), only just fit through the bridge itself, and can be seen
for ages above all the houses as they travel down river. And if they're in
Dover you don't get that.

Nicholas Clark