[OT] perl and CLRs

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Wed May 2 08:49:13 BST 2007

Sometime ago I asked the question as to whether it was worth looking at
producing a CLR such as monos (or even [spit] .NET).

http://www.regdeveloper.co.uk/2007/05/01/microsoft_open_source_dot_net/

It seems to me that although the people that replied said "it couldn't
be done", all the other major scripting languages have (or nearly have)
managed it. I can't believe that producing a mono/.NET backend for perl
is impossible - it might be limited, it may well break modules in CPAN.
But it *is* the way the world is going and it does leverage work done
elsewhere.

Do we *really* want to continue to hold our noses in the air?

Dirk