[OT] perl and CLRs

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed May 2 13:58:12 BST 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 13:15 +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2007 at 12:33:41PM +0100, Peter Hickman wrote:
> [...]
> > I don't think that Perl is special, it is useful. I find it to be a very
> > useful tool for many problems, for other problems I use other languages. I
> > do not have a Perl is the only tool you need attitude and I resent being
> > labelled as such because I don't think that .NET is the next big thing. So
> > I stand by my Fuck off.
>
> As far as I can tell, .NET is liked by the Windows fanboys, mainly because
> Microsoft are telling them it's the next big thing[0] and they've been so
> stuck in their monoculture they believe it.

I'll avoid the "Fuck off".  I can't speak for "the Windows
fanboys" (whoever they might be), but I like .NET because I can do a lot
of stuff that I need to do out of the box without all of the fannying
around that you get with Java - (compare creating an ASP.NET web service
to doing similar with, say, Axis).

/J\