Perl Books (for ladies)

Nic Gibson nicg at noslogan.org
Wed May 2 22:02:22 BST 2007

On May 2, 2007, at 21:48, ben at bpfh.net wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 12:20:33PM +0100, Nic Gibson wrote:

>>> I am a lady!  I press flowers, stroke kittens and hack Perl
>>> wearing dresses and hats.
>>>
>>> Emily
>>
>> I wondered who would be first.
>
> Excellent. I'm sure the women on the list will be gratified to know
> that you actually *meant* to be deliberately exclusionary and
> rude, rather than simply excessively thoughtless.

You know, I kind of expected that response too.
As it happens my train of thought went
"oh bugger, that was thoughtless. I wonder who will point it out first."

I generally find that people do not intend to be rude. I generally find
that it is better to assume the best of people rather than the worst.
I intend to do so in this case.

nic