Perl Books (for ladies)

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 12:18:25 BST 2007

--- Simon Wistow <simon at thegestalt.org> wrote:

> If anybody has any (polite) suggestions thenplease let me know,
> either on list or via private mail.

For Portland.pm, we had a fairly decent-sized (for tech meetings) group
of women in semi-regular attendance.  The strategy to achieve this was
to adopt the radical idea that technical groups should have technical
meetings.  If folks want to go to a "Perl" meeting, it's much easier to
fit in if there's clearly common ground to start with (as opposed to
facing a group of strangers talking about shared experiences).

I suspect, however, that suggesting that London.pm have technical
meetings might be a non-starter :)

Cheers,
Ovid

--