Perl Books (for ladies)

Jacqui caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Thu May 3 13:27:46 BST 2007

Tara Andrews wrote:
> On 5/3/07, Jacqui caren <jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
>> Seriously, I did not feel welcome and would think carefully before
>> making such a long trip again.
>

> I am also interested in what made you feel unwelcome.  I have been to
> a few l.pm meets, so that I can now reliably recognize maybe 10 of the
> regulars, and have never felt unwelcome.  I wonder what was different
> about your experience.

I think I know a few folks - or at least they remember me but the night
I "popped in" we arrived late ~8pm and had to leave to catch a 8:45
train home. I was driving at the far end but Paul would have loved
a drink. It took 5 tries to get someone to tell me who Barbie was (he
did not look like his picture and was not a local) I dropped off the
"Bits" and then looked around for a familiar or friendly face but saw no
one I could remmeber. It was packed with no seats or familiar faces so
we when we went downstairs (initailly for a drink) we decided to not
stop and went straight home.

One of my local lugs BAB sessions is routinely in the 30+'s but new
faces are always welcomed by at least two or three folks. Greeting
is a thankless task but it does help an awful lot.

Jacqui