Perl books (for ladies)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu May 3 18:18:41 BST 2007

On Thu, May 03, 2007 at 09:55:02AM -0700, Ovid wrote:
> [...] In fact, there is at least one pub (I can't recall the name) which
> charges a premium for Budweiser and friends on the grounds that it's a
> "bad beer tax".

Outside of the kind of pub that charges three quid a pint for everything
(except the stuff they charge four quid a pint for) much the same applies.
The real ales come in at about 1.75-2.30 and the mass-produced rubbish is
50p or so more a pint.

And then there was that nice little local where they had two shelves
taunting me with single malts. I'd start at one end and work across, and
before I'd got near the end they'd get some different ones in and I'd have
to start again. It was terrible, *terrible*, I tell you.