Richard Foley Richard.Foley at
Fri May 4 13:29:45 BST 2007

On Friday 04 May 2007 13:55, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Yes, I'm mailing this to the main list, quite deliberately.
> Something is bonkers here:
> 1: There are (at least) 12 companies in and around London trying to recruit
>    developers with strong Perl skills
That's good, because Perl (programmer skill set) is in demand.  I guess if
these desperate companies paid more, that might help, or is that too cynical.
I mean I'm always told there's no demand for Perl these days, and yet here's
a clear demand.  Maybe it's a bubble.

> 2: I know of 5 people who are sufficiently dissatisfied with their current
It's easy to moan - people really vote with their feet.

> 3: The recruitment agents are having kittens* because they can't find
>    anyone to interview for these jobs
Poor agents - I can imagine having kittens could be quite painful, though I
suppose that depends on where they come out...

> If not, lets have some de-lurking. Because without it nothing is going to
> improve.**
Ok, I'll change job, just to keep you happy, Nick.  The fact that my contract
is currently expiring has nothing to do with it, honest guv!

Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen