Bonkers

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri May 4 21:45:31 BST 2007

Nicholas Clark wrote:

>   I even know of a place where the "exclusive" deal the recruitment
>   agency had cut with the employer meant that even if the employer takes
>   an applicant on through some other route the agency gets their fee
>   anyway!

And then there are people like BT Martlesham which have a (small) number
of preferred agencies which are the *only* people whom they will deal
with. So if you get a contract there independently (which is possible),
you then have choose one of those agencies to channel your payments
through. To be fair, BT add the agency fees on...