Cinemas (Was: Perl books (for ladies))

Matt Wilson codebrewery at gmail.com
Tue May 8 15:26:40 BST 2007

On 5/8/07, Smylers <Smylers at stripey.com> wrote:
> Paul Mison writes:
>
> > ... the old Mecca bingo hall on Essex Road ... candace reckons it'd
> > make a great cult cinema (especially if you could get an alcohol
> > licence).
> >
> > London doesn't have one otherwise. Does it?
>
> I'm still too new to London to answer that, but I have been impressed
> with Roxy on Borough High Street.  It's a bar-restaurant which shows
> films.

Seconded. Roxy is great. We stumbled across it without realising that
anything was there - I assumed that it was a vacant building, but on
closed inspection it turned out to be a lovely little place. On our
first visit we expected to be ripped off for the price of a drink,
seeing as we could sit and watch a film (in a very well decorated
room).