Bonkers

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu May 10 16:20:16 BST 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 03:43:31PM +0100, Pete Sergeant wrote:
[...]
> My favourite interview to date, and the one I felt gave me the most scope
> to show off my knowledge, was one where I was asked to bring in some code
> I'd written, and then asked to explain it to the interviewer.

That seems to be a fairly popular one these days, which makes a pleasing
change from them giving me a few one-line code fragments and asking what
they do.

My stock bit of code for that purpose is a POE-based tool, partly to see if
the interviewer's brain dribbles out of their ears.

Sometimes the code fragments they provide and ask me about have caused
brain-dribbling on my part as I realise that yes, they are really using
regular expressions to factorise numbers, or something similarly fitting for
the Acme:: namespace.