Bonkers

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Thu May 10 21:54:41 BST 2007

> Heh.  I've heard of people still using the "reverse a string in
> place" question (to test C skills, not Perl skills, obviously)

I like that one. It has many solutions and if a naïve one is given
you can go "hm, yes, but <insert complaint here>. How could you
improve on it?", maybe even several times. That way you can start off
with something simple and progress into something harder almost
without the candidate noticing. Though, of course, it's probably best
used if you're interviewing for juniors.

Stig