Bonkers

Paul Mison paulm at husk.org
Sat May 12 23:59:42 BST 2007

On 10/05/2007 at 08:27 -0700, ben at bpfh.net wrote:

>I met a candidate from a British University (which is top-3 for CompSci)
>who had just graduated with a First in CompSci who was unable to write
>a while loop to traverse a linked list, in the language of their choice.

Out of interest, in the top three by which measure? Research scoring
(which seems to be the most common method of rating a university
department) does not necessarily translate well to the ability to
teach, as I am discovering by proxy at the moment. Hell, I'm tempted
to say there's an inverse relationship.

--
:: paul
:: blue coconut slush