OpenGuides Hackfest - 9th/10th June 2007

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Mon May 21 18:14:01 BST 2007

I am pleased to announce that there will be an OpenGuides[0] hackfest in
Bermondsey, London, on the weekend of 9th-10th June 2007.

In brief:

When:   noon-10pm Saturday 9th June,
        noon-5pm Sunday 10th June
Where:  Kake/Bob/doop house, near Bermondsey station
What:   Bug triage and bug fixing
Who:    Programmers and testers

The focus of the hackfest will be bug triage and bug fixing - see the
list at
  http://dev.openguides.org/cgi-bin/trac.fcgi/report/1
to see what we're dealing with.  Everyone who can contribute is welcome,
both programmers and testers.

The venue is Kake's and Bob's and doop's house, a couple of minutes'
walk from Bermondsey station, which is one stop east along the Jubilee
line from London Bridge station.  Please contact me at kake at earth.li
if you don't already know the address - for those with livejournal
accounts there's a friends-locked post with address and directions at
  http://nou.livejournal.com/67884.html

We'll start on the Saturday around noon with introductions and an
initial discussion (I'll provide lunch; let me know if you have a
dietary restriction that isn't covered by "vegan").  We'll continue
until people are tired (no later than 10pm), probably ordering some
form of takeaway for dinner.  We'll reconvene on Sunday, again at
noon, but probably knock off a bit earlier, say 5pm-6pm.

Please feel free to come to some or all of this.  Any form of
structure will be decided as we go along.

Kake

[0] For those who don't know what OpenGuides is: it's a wiki-based
application written in Perl, designed for running a website about some
subject where geographical location is important.  One of its main
differences from other wiki software is its use of structured data.

Main project website:
  http://openguides.org/

London-based guides running on the OpenGuides software:
  http://london.randomness.org.uk/
  http://london.openguides.org/