On search.cpan, but not found in cpan shell

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Thu May 31 16:55:07 BST 2007

Adam Bernard wrote:
> I'm having similar problems with versions of Text::CSV. search.cpan has
> 0.5 up, but all the cpan shell shows is a somewhat limited 0.01. I guess I
> might have to fix it manually unless I never want to use a character over
> chr(126).
>
> search.cpan does, on the other hand, say that 0.5 is an unauthorized
> release.

I seem to remember seeing the same problem a while back with Text::CSV.

Searching on search.cpan.org now, I see 0.01 listed in the search
results.  On http://search.cpan.org/~alancitt/Text-CSV-0.01/CSV.pm
there's a link for "Latest Release: Text-CSV-0.5", but if I go to
http://search.cpan.org/~alancitt/Text-CSV-0.01/ then 0.5 is nowhere in
sight.

The first (prehistoric) version was released by Alan Citterman, v0.5 was
released by Eduardo Rangel Thompson (erangel), but it looks as though it
was uploaded without a version number:
http://search.cpan.org/~erangel/Text-CSV/CSV.pm

Perhaps someone can contact Eduardo and get him to re-release it
properly, or hand over maintainership to someone else who will re-release.

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious